Another year passed and a new year is already racing ahead of me and it seems like, no matter what I do, I just can’t keep up with all the work I need to do as a mother and as a business owner. Even my new year’s resolutions from 2014 I never got to do. I had so many plans, but didn’t or couldn’t fulfill them due to my pregnancy, so I’m going to renew my resolutions from last year and I will add one or two more.
Even though I’m barely getting any sleep with poor colicky London, I’m counting my blessings every minute of every day. Here are the many things I’m grateful for in 2014 (and today), plus many more that are not listed here:
- I had a healthy pregnancy and I was able to deliver London without medication.
- I’m grateful that my family was there during the birth of London.
- We were blessed with beautiful baby boy London Hunter Box on 10/10 at 10:10pm.
- My sisters visited me for two weeks and now their presence is with me every day in every room at our home.
- Our front yard was full with wildflowers this past spring and it was filled with bees, butterflies, and birds, which inspired us to become beekeepers.
- We have a bee hive that is only six months old, but full of bees, larva, honey and we are looking forward to harvesting some in 2015.
- The few months after London was born have been challenging to my family due to sleepless nights with a colicky baby, but we managed to get through it together!
- We have a beautiful home where we hosted some parties with friends and family and I’m grateful for all of them!
- I have two wonderful boys that are healthy, happy, and full of beautiful energy.
- I have a wonderful husband, who challenges me, inspires me, tests me at times, and who loves me beyond words. I’m the luckiest woman!
- I have a husband who is my best friend, my hero, and my best partner. We are a great team!
- Sydney is a wonderful, kind, smart, generous, boy who is full of adventure, full of questions, and who tests me and my patience every day. I’m grateful for him that he is making me want to be the best mother.
- I’m grateful that Sydney is stubourn, curious, active, and that he loves to read.
- I’m grateful for having food in the fridge, roof over my head, a wonderful family and wonderful friends!
- I grateful to have my health!
- My family is healthy!
- Sydney goes to a wonderful Nursery School Co-op, that is the best ever! I feel lucky that he got accepted and it makes me happy that he loves it there.
- I’m a member of a wonderful union that works for me even when I’m not.
- I’m grateful for the residuals that I’m receiving throughout the year!
- We have wonderful neighbors.
- We have hot and cold running water.
- We have plenty of land to grow some vegetables and fruits.
Gosh, I’m really lucky and I really had a marvelous year in 2014, even without the resolutions!
But resolutions are great to have. It gives us focus, direction, and confidence when we do what we set out to do and it sometimes gives us a fresh start in life.
Here are my resolutions from last year, which I couldn’t keep but I’m hoping to fulfill this year:
- Ride my bike on every street in the city that I’m living now.
- Learn to play one song on the guitar, which I would then play at our 2015 Winter Solstice party.
- Lose 10 lbs.
- Do the 100 sit-up and the 100 pushup challenge.
- Write a book (at least starting one would be a great thing!)
And I’m adding a couple more: 🙂
- Bake every baked good from the Bread Machine: How to Prepare the Perfect Loaf book. I will have to revise some of the recipes to accomodate my new “London diet” and I will bake as many breads in the oven as I can. I like the way the breads turn out when baked in the oven better then in the machine. I created a facebook Photo Album for this purpose.
- I became a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and I would love to host a 7-week Positive Discipline course for parents.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Have you already started with them or did you already give up? Would love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Even though the New Year already started, there is still another one just ahead of us, so it’s not too late to start fresh in this year’s New Year’s Resolutions.
I’m still writing my “Plan B articles“, so if you have a second career, please email me and I will feature you in one of my upcoming articles. Please put in the subject line: “Actor/Actress with a Plan B”. Tell me your name, what you do, how long you have been doing it, and please include a photo of you (at your Plan B job) and a link to your acting and Plan B website.
Enci is a Mother, Actress, Artist and Activist.
Contact Enci with article suggestions or find her on Twitter, Facebook and other networking sites to connect. When contacting her, please introduce yourself and tell her you read her column in the Networker.