Hello, I’m Melina and I’ve been with Casting Networks for a little over a year in the Billing department. I have and still am enjoying my time with the company. I’m a vegetarian and have been for 6+ years, so I am VERY picky with what I eat. But one of my all time favorite breakfast dishes is this Mexican dish called “Chilaquiles” that also go well with scrambled eggs and beans on the side. I never get tired of this dish. If you’re feeling like a Mexican Breakfast I suggest trying this amazing dish. Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 cups oil for frying
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 30 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn into strips
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (7.75 ounce) can Mexican style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Carefully stir in the onion and tortilla strips. Fry until tortilla strips are crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat, and drain on paper towels. Drain the skillet, leaving only a thin residue of oil.
- Over medium heat, return tortillas to the skillet, and stir in the eggs. Season with salt. Cook and stir until eggs are firm.
- Mix Mexican style hot tomato sauce and water into the skillet. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Top with cheese. Continue cooking until cheese has melted.